The Ondo state Police commissioner, Mr. Bolaji Salami says the fire outbreak at the state head quarters of the Independent National Electoral Commission(INEC) in the state was caused by faulty electrical connections to the container housing the smart card readers.
This confirms Nigeriancablenewsonline.com’s report on the fire incident.
A top official within the INEC office who pleaded anonymity had revealed to Nigerian Cable news online that the outbreak was caused by an electrical spark.
The Police boss also said the fire was not an act of saboteur as being sepeculated.
According to him, the police worked together with the fire fighters to arrival at this conclusion.